Friday, March 2, 2012

Working Overnight

I just finished by first full week of working overnights at CVS, and I must say it is the greatest thing ever.  I realize that the store I am working at just became a 24 hour store, so the inhabitant of Gary/Merrillville are still figuring out that I am an easy target to murder/rob, but in the mean time I am loving every minute of it.  I usually finish all work by about 3am.  My shift last from 9pm to 8am.  Here is a run down of how the night usually progresses.
  • 9pm:  Arrive at the store and think to myself, 'What the fuck did they do all day?'
  • 11pm:  Just about finish filling everything and say goodnight to by evening technician
  • 11pm-12am:  Read my Kindle
  • 12am:  Readyfill aka "Dreadyfill" (Compliments of Sampstar) drop in.  Roughly 100 prescriptions
  • 2am:  Finishing filling and checking all prescriptions
  • 3am:  Finish all Kindle and watch movies on my laptop
  • 7am:  People start waking up and keep me moderately busy until I leave at 8am
  • 8am:  Drive home without falling asleep
The 3am-7am movie watching and Kindle reading really make this experience complete.  I usually have 3 customers a night after midnight and about as many phone calls.  I have gone from wanting to kill everyone I encounter to almost reading the whole Hunger Games trilogy and watching all the Harry Potter movies in one week.  Pretty sweet deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment