Friday, February 24, 2012

Holiday Detox Week Seven/Eight

I have started a new work schedule where I work seven days in a row and then have seven days off, which has changed by drinking habits.  I am working midnights, so on my work week, I cannot drink unless I want to do it at 8 in the morning.  This more or less results in one guaranteed week of sobriety and one week in a drunken stupor.  Which is much better than two consecutive weeks of being in a drunken haze.  So, all and all, this is a good thing.  The only bad part is, it is hard to work out during my on week.  Working 80 hours in seven days does not leave a lot of energy or desire to head to the gym.  Hopefully it will get easier as I get more used to the schedule.  If anyone tries to call me on a Wednesday night, you will get no response for two possible reasons.  Number one, I just started by first night and will be MIA for the next seven nights.  Number two, I got drunk immediately after getting of work at 8am Wednesday morning and will be passed out for the the next twenty hours trying to get back on a normal sleep schedule.  So far, I would rate the detox a success overall, I have exercised more often and confined my drinking to an average of one huge binge a week.  I don't know at what point the detox stops being a holiday detox and just recovery of a crazy person though.

No comments:

Post a Comment