Monday, January 17, 2011

The Great Brewing Experiment

Well it's winter and I am officially bored, so I decided to take a stab at brewing my own beer. It was either that or stab my patients, I figured this was more legal, although slightly less satisfying. I just mixed it all up last night, and it was not too hard. I would say it took maybe an hour or so, with the most difficult part being sterilization. Usually being sterile is not hard for me, but that's a whole other story. As far as I can tell, the kit makes the whole thing pretty easy. Usually one would have to boil the hops and whatnot, but that is already done and condensed into an extract, so that's nice. Now the great wait begins. A minimum of 7 days for fermentation, then bottling, then another 7 days of carbonation, then a period of rest for the beer. The rest period will really be determined on how long I can resist drinking it. I imagine you, my loyal readers, will know when I have tested the new brew and all its poisonous contaminants by the hallucinatory blog that will be written that night. One can only hope.

1 comment:

  1. I drank all your beer while you were gone. Opps! It was good.

    ReplyDelete