Wednesday, June 30, 2010

World Cup Absence

Well just when I thought I was getting back on the blogging wagon, I fell right back off to watch the World Cup for the last few weeks. Now that there is a brief lull in the action, I thought I would try to get an entry or two in. And since we are on the subject, I'll talk a little bit about the World Cup. I was happy to see the United States make it out of group play, and play overall pretty good soccer. Despite some questionable calls going against them, they never bitched or gave up, they scored some goals and controlled their own fate. I really enjoy watching the US play soccer despite their sometimes mediocre play. They don't take dives, they don't embellish when they do get fouled, and they generally play as hard as they can for 90 minutes. It is more entertaining than watching the crybaby European and South American teams. As for the referee calls against the US, all I can say is that I used to be a referee, and it is tough to see everything that is going on on the field. Now that the US is out, I guess my new team will be the Netherlands just for a change of pace. On a personal note, I have to congratulate fellow blogger sampstar on his recent wedding. I am interested to hear about his new marriage complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment