Thursday, November 12, 2009

401K of Nickels


Yesterday was a pretty exciting day for me. While working the cash register at work, (I went to school 7 years to learn how to do that) I saw something that made what is left of my hair stand on end, a buffalo nickel. I quickly fished a regular nickel out of my pocket at switched it out for this treasure. I was sure that retirement was only a few days away and came home to check the value of my find. It turns out a 1936 buffalo nickel is worth 35 cents. Seven times it's original value! A few million more of those and I will be all set, and the corporate fools I work for will be none the wiser of my profits. Suck it bitches!

1 comment:

  1. Depressingly, that nickel had $.78 worth of 2009 buying power in 1936. So it has lost value over time.

    http://www.coinnews.net/tools/cpi-inflation-calculator/

    ReplyDelete